Vegan plant based candles, made from 100% soy wax, are not only better for the environment, but they are also better for you. Unlike chemical waxes such as paraffin, they are smokeless, sootless and odourless. They do not omit toxic fumes and so are better for anyone who has asthma or any other respiratory condition. They are also less harmful to the environment, burn slower and therefore for longer.
Made in my Auntie`s kitchen in her spare time, each tealight and candle is individually hand-poured. She makes them in a range of styles and sizes, but all are 100% pure plant based wax, with soy-dipped pure cotton wicks and in recyclable metal tins. Scented versions only use 100% pure essential oils such as Ylang Ylang, Orange Blossom or Lavender, and have only a very mild, subtle scent, nothing over-powering. Any additional scents or colouring is added by using natural ingredients combined with a soy wax base.
The range currently available is designed to suit your needs, and are gift wrapped using our unbleached, acid-free tissue paper, placed in layers in an eco-presentation box tied up with string and a tag. They would make a lovely gift for yourself or for someone else.
Candles available are as follows:
- 12 round extra large (2.5cm deep) tins unscented white soy wax tea-lights (burn time approx 8 hours each)
- 12 round extra large (2.5cm deep) tins pale pink Rhubarb and Custard soy wax tea-lights
- 12 round extra large (2.5cm deep) tins white Ylang Ylang and Orange Blossom soy wax tea-lights
- 9 heart shaped unscented white soy wax tea-lights (burn time approx 4 hours each)
- 9 heart shaped pale pink Rhubarb and Custard soy wax tea-lights
- 9 heart shaped white Ylang Ylang and Orange Blossom soy wax tea-lights
- 9 cm x 7 cm unscented white soy wax pillar candle (burn time over 100 hours)
Larger quantities can be arranged if required, please just message us with your specific requirements and we will be happy to help. Please note on occasion candles are made to order so please allow a few days for them to reach you.
The range is constantly growing, but all candles are individually hand-poured and with our health – and the health of our planet – at their heart.
NB. It goes without saying (but just in case!) care should be taken when lighting, using and handling lit candles! Do not allow children or animals to get too near. A suitable saucer, hurricane lamp, or holder should be placed under the candle or tealight so as not to damage surfaces, carpets etc, and to catch any drips of wax. Obviously lit candles, matches, flames and melted wax can burn if care is not taken, and along with all other candle manufacturers, we cannot accept responsibility for any injury or damage.